Can you believe we’re halfway through November already? December 1st is only a couple of weeks away, so rather than leave it till the last minute, like I usually do, I thought I’d remind you all it’s time to start thinking about Advent Calendars. Whether you’re looking for something quick and easy, or something that will last in your family for years to come, I’ve got lots of great inspiration for you this year.
1. Santa’s Beard – One of the cutest and easiest ideas I’ve come across in a long time. Trim Santa’s beard daily as we get closer to Christmas.
2. Reindeer Cups – This is a great project to get the kids involved with. Glue googly eyes & antlers onto paper cups and fill them each with a little surprise.
3. Falling Stars – These paper pouches are filled with treats and sew together easily on a sewing machine. Did you know you could sew paper?
4. Scrapbook Advent – This cute idea not only gives you a daily surprise but the envelopes let you save notes and thoughts from each day, to look back on the following year.
5. Snowflake Countdown – This easy idea consists of 25 snowflakes each with a fun holiday activity on the back.
6. Shadow Boxes – A great use for a shadow box, each little box contains a little treat or surprise.
7. Dixie Cup Advent – These little paper cups are covered with fun coordinating paper and strung up with clothes-pegs.
8. Santa’s Pom-Pom Beard – Another great project for little ones. Everyday attach a pom-pom or cotton ball to Santa’s beard when it’s full, Santa will be near.
9. Easy Envelopes – These easy little envelopes are folded out of fun scrapbook paper, and filled with a holiday activity.
10. Advent Tree Decorations – Why not combine your advent calendar with your tree decorating. Every day add a new ornament to your tree.
Posted by: kelly