Handmade Gift Ideas: For Kids

December 13, 2011 - Filed under Children, Christmas, How-to, Patterns

Why not skip the expensive, battery operated, mass-produced plastic toys this year, in favor of something more unique and personal. Handmade toys are a great way to encourage creativity and activate your children’s imagination. These great ideas are inexpensive and easy to make, plus they’re sure to provide hours of entertainment.

HandmadeGiftsForKids Handmade Gift Ideas: For Kids

1. Felt Alphabet Letters: Help your little ones learn there ABCs with some cute felt letters.

2. Homemade Play Dough: Create a rainbow of colors and watch your children’s imagination run wild with this easy to make play dough. This is also an easy project to do with young kids and would make a great gift for their little friends.

3. Crayon Art Folio: Perfect for that budding artist on the go!

4. Car Caddy: Another great gift for little one’s on the go, that also helps encourage them to pick up their toys so you’re not stepping on them.

5. Felt Tool Box: Put your little helper to work on the home repairs with their very own tool set.

6. Molded Crayons: These fun crayons can been made is any shape or size, all you need are some fun molds and a bunch of crayons. How about spacemen & rockets or ballerinas and zoo animals.

7. Felt Stuffed Animals: Who wouldn’t love a cute and cuddly little friend for the holidays?

8. Snowman Kit: This is such a cute idea for little ones who love to play in the snow.

9. Painted Wooden Blocks: Build em up and knock em down. Your kids will have endless hours of fun, and may even learn to spell.

10. Fort Kit: I love this idea. This kit includes everything you need to build a fort, like sheets, close pegs, suction cups, rope and even a flashlight for when it’s all built. Perfect rainy day fun!

11. Buttoned Baby Boots: Help keep those little toes warm this winter, with this adorable little baby boot pattern.

Pin It

related posts

1. Handmade Gift Ideas: For Pets
  2. Handmade Gift Ideas: For Her
  3. Handmade Gift Ideas: For Him
  4. Handmade Valentine’s Decor Ideas
  5. Edible Crayons

Posted by: kelly

5 Comments so far

1. Kathleen Uribe July 6, 2012 7:08 am

Love this for grandkids and Sunday school!

2. paddycakeparty July 14, 2012 10:44 pm

oh my heart goes a pitter pat, i can’t wait to start crafting, not just for Christmas… birthdays too!
    paddycakeparty´s last [type] ..Brandy Caramel Sauce a Grown-Up Favor

3. Alanna George November 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Wanted to add my handmade holiday gift idea for kids. A finger puppet kit. I have a free download for the box and complete DIY instructions for this cheap and easy to make gift. http://www.alannageorge.com/2011/11/28/handmade-holidays-finger-puppet-kit/

4. Christine T November 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Great list! I actually make the crayons in about 20 different designs as a side business :)
    Christine T´s last [type] ..Carne Asada Recipe {Tutorial}

5. toys for christmas 2012 December 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello I am so thrilled I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while
    I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post and a all round
    enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all
    at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more,
    Please do keep up the superb b.
    toys for christmas 2012´s last [type] ..toys for christmas 2012