Now that you’ve got some inspiration for decorating your tree, how about creating something to cover that unsightly metal tree stand. Give your gifts a cozy place to rest until Christmas, with a handmade tree skirt.
1. Heirloom Wool Tree Skirt: This simple tree skirt is made of wool, making it a little more durable, for those of us who have a tendency to spill a bit when watering the tree. Dress it up with some sequins and beads, to make a classy addition to your tree.
2. Christmas Craft Tree Skirt: This tutorial uses yarn and felt to create a simple and inexpensive tree skirt.
3. Simple Scalloped Felt Tree Skirt: Print out the template and sew together to create this simple scalloped tree skirt in your favorite colored felt.
4. Burlap & Lace Tree Skirt: I love the mix of hardy burlap, and delicate lace in this vintage inspired tree skirt. See the tutorial to recreate the look.
5. Patchwork Hand-tied Tree Skirt: Do you have lots of leftover Christmas fabric from over the years? Why not use it to create a cute patchwork tree skirt like this one?
6. Christmas Tree Tree Skirt: Another great way to use up some fabric scraps with this Christmas tree, tree skirt.
7. Multi-layered Tree Skirt: A great way to mix and match fun co-ordinating christmas fabrics. This one is a little more time-consuming, but the outcome is worth it.
9. No-sew Ruffled Tree Skirt: Not much of a sewer? Never fear… here’s one you can throw together without a sewing machine!
10. Ruffled Tree Skirt: I just love the fullness created at the base of this elegant tree skirt. Check out the tutorial to see how it’s done.
11. Scalloped Felt Tree Skirt: I can’t actually find the original source for this tree skirt, but using some of the techniques in the tutorials above you could easily create your own DIY version.
- Nuts & Bolts Christmas Tree Alternative
- DIY Garlands & Bunting
- Handmade Christmas Ornaments
- Free DIY Printable Christmas Ornament Advent Calendar
- DIY Handmade Advent Calendars 2011
Posted by: kelly