Christmas Crackers are another tradition in my family. They are really easy to make, and since you’re doing them yourself you can make them to match your holiday table… plus I love being able to personalize the little trinkets inside.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lightweight wrapping paper, crepe paper or tissue paper
- Toilet paper rolls (2 per cracker, or one paper towel roll)
- Cracker Snaps (you can buy them at craft stores like Michael’s or online here or here)
- scotch tape
- Candy, toys, trinkets etc. to till it with
Here’s how to make em:
Step 1: Layout your paper, placing one toilet paper roll in the middle. Cut the second roll in half and place one at each edge, leaving about 2 inches between the one in the middle. Use tape to attach the cracker snap lengthwise in the middle of the paper. Tape both ends, but not the middle. (you can also attach the cracker snap in the middle of the rolls, taping the ends to each of the cut rolls)
Step 2: Start rolling the paper around the toilet paper rolls, glue it down as you go, to help keep it’s shape.
Step 3: When you’ve rolled it all the way up, make sure the edge is sealed.
Step 4: Pinch and twist in the paper in the gap between the middle toilet roll and one of the ends. Secure with a ribbon.
Step 5: Fill the open end with candy, toys and trinkets
Step 6: Secure the other end by pinching and twisting like before. Then tie with a ribbon.
And you’re done! If you want you can add additional decorations to the outside, or add the names of your guests and use as place markers at your table.
- Christmas Photo Booth Props – Free Printable
- Christmas dinner place card holders
- Make your own gift bows
- Crafty Christmas Stockings
- Nuts & Bolts Christmas Tree Alternative
Posted by: kelly